Remember that Halloween Jelly Roll Quilt I posted about last month? I had a bee in my bonnet to use up the scraps up sooner rather than later and really didn’t want to chop them up into random squares for my library of scraps. I had 3 weeks left to Halloween so I set off to make a set of everyday placemats.
Leftover random-width scraps cut from the quilt’s strip sets were used, along with leftovers of the quilt’s scrappy binding. The only “new” fabric used was for the placemat binding since I wanted a uniform fabric to pull the set of placemats together.
The leftover batting and backing trimmed pieces from the quilt itself were used for the back of the placemats. You can see the original backing pieces in the middle placemat below: the spider orange print surrounded by black strips.
We used them last night and they were so bright and fun!
Here is the original quilt which was finished up last month. I am very happy with both finishes as we’ll have plenty of time to enjoy them before they are stored until next year.